Grant Eligibility Guidelines
The organization submitting an application must be a public charity (not private foundation) with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. Applicants applying as a collaborative must identify one lead organization to submit the application, and that organization must meet the eligibility guidelines.
A proposal must:
- Provide services in Bastrop, Hays, Travis, and/or Williamson counties, Texas
- Plan to expend the grant funds within 24 months
- Use the entire grant amount (no partial grants)
- Identify the focus area for the application (Community, Education, Equity, Health & Well-Being). Impact Austin does not provide guidance as to which focus area is appropriate.
A proposal can:
- Support initiatives: existing initiatives, expansion of initiatives, or new initiatives that target a specific population, last for a specific duration, and aim to achieve specific, measurable goals; and/or
- Support capacity: strengthen or grow a nonprofit organization to improve its future performance, impact, and sustainability in support of its mission and vision, producing measurable results for the organization by the end of the grant period.
Please review the more detailed Eligibility section in the Impact Austin Grant Application Guidelines before submitting your application. Impact Austin has the right to reassess the eligibility guidelines at any time.
FALL 2021 GRANTS
06/30/2021 - Impact Austin 2021 Nonprofit Workshop
07/08/2021 - Grant applications open for submission
08/03/2021 - Grant applications close at 5:00PM CT
09/02/2021 - Initial grant review decisions communicated
09/23/2021 - Semifinalist decisions communicated
10/07/2021-10/09/2021 - Site visits
10/21/2021 - Finalist decisions communicated; all other applicants declined by this date
10/25/2021 - Finalist training
11/04/2021 - Finalist reports distributed to members
11/16/2021 - Impact Austin Town Hall Meeting; announce Community Partners
12/01/2021 - Fall grant awards issued
Mark your calendars!
1. Submit Grant Application
Organizations must submit the grant application online via the Impact Austin Grant Management System by the submission deadline, including supplemental documents.
Please review the Impact Austin Grant Application Guidelines for all necessary details, including application process, deadlines, and required documents.
When you are ready to complete your grant application, please access the Grants Management System.
Applicants receive an email acknowledgement when the submission is complete. Impact Austin Grant Review Committee members evaluate all grant applications, select about six organizations in each focus area for further review, then select three to four semifinalists to participate in site visits. Applicants are notified at each stage.
Impact Austin reserves the right to reject an application for any reason, including a missed deadline or incomplete information.
3. Attend Impact Austin Annual Meeting (Spring) or Town Hall (Fall)
Impact Austin sends information about each finalist to all Impact Austin members. We invite representatives from each finalist organization to make a five-minute presentation to the membership regarding your organization and the proposed initiative. Impact Austin members then vote to select grant recipients in each focus area.
Finalists participate in the Impact Austin Annual Meeting (Spring) or Town Hall (Fall) to be recognized for their grant awards. The format of the presentations and award meetings (in person or virtual) will be determined closer to the meeting dates.
2. Conduct a Site Visit
Impact Austin uses site visits with semifinalists to complete a general due diligence review, and to investigate and resolve any remaining questions regarding the organization or the proposed initiative. The visits may be conducted virtually or in person; the format and required attendees will be communicated to semifinalists when they are selected.
Following the site visit, Grant Review Committee members select and notify two finalists.
Important documents and resources have been consolidated in the list below for reference.
- 2021 Nonprofit Workshops
If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.